Fortunately, technology evolved and thanks to Docker we can easily setup a WoW server using a Mac.
This tutorial explains how to install a 3.3.5a (Wrath of The Lich King) World of Warcraft server in macOS using AzerothCore.
1) Install git
If you have brew, you can easily install git on your mac by typing in your terminal:
brew install git
If you don’t have brew, you can download git for mac and install it manually.
2) Install Docker
- If your macOS operating system version is 10.12+ Sierra or newer, you can install Docker Desktop for Mac (best option).
- If you have an older version, you can install Docker Toolbox for Mac.
3) Download the WoW server sources
In your terminal type:
git clone https://github.com/azerothcore/azerothcore-wotlk.git
cd azerothcore-wotlk to access the main sources folder.
pwd to know where you are. This is the location of the wow server sources. All commands must be launched from this location.
4) Download the WoW data files
You can download the WoW data files from here.
Then unzip all folders and move them inside the
docker/worldserver/data/ of the wow server sources.
5) Build and run your server
Launch the following commands:
Those commands can take a while to execute.
You need to wait until everything is ready and your WoW server will be up and running.
This tutorial was extracted from: https://www.azerothcore.org/wiki/Install-with-Docker